Pie Crust Ingredients
- 360 g (3 C) All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 12 oz (3 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 8 Tbsp (4 oz, 113 g) Sour Cream
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Bartos
Make homemade pie crust and a strawberry and mixed berry pie.
Pie Crust Technique
This dough is best made in a food processor – but it can be made by hand.
- Measure flour, sugar and salt into the food processor bowl. Pulse several times to mix.
- Cut butter into small cubes and add to flour mix.
- Pulse several times until butter is in small pieces and dough looks crumbly.
- Add sour cream and pulse until dough comes together in a ball.
- Scrape dough out of bowl on to lightly floured work
surface. Knead lightly to have the dough all come together.
- Divide dough in half. Form into a disk and wrap in plastic. Place in refrigerator for up to 5 days until
ready to use.
- When using, roll out on a lightly floured work surface, adding a sprinkling of flour as needed to
keep it from sticking. Depending on usage, roll to about ¼” thick.
The Strawberry Pie was my Grandmother’s recipe and one of my favorites that we would have whenever we visited her. It is topped with a Marshmallow Meringue and is just fresh and delicious. The mixed berry pie is a combo of any kind of berries – fresh or frozen and then topped with a lattice crust to make it extra fancy!